Speak directly to one of our team.
“The benefits delivered to the health system have been: improved accountability for roster accuracy and skill mix; decreased leave balances, agency use and overtime usage; and increased payroll accuracy”
Program Director | NSW eHealth
What is Optima?
As the only eRostering solution built specifically for the Australian health and care industries, Optima allows you to:
- Proactively plan, view and manage all your workforce in one consolidated view, including permanent, temporary and causal staff
- Match your staffing levels and activity to your patients and residents requirements
- Drive savings by reducing reliance on agency staffing
- Automate your process so you can focus on delivering your service
- Create fairer schedules for your workforce and engage with them better
- So Long Admin
- Joined Up Working
- Stay in control of costs
- Fairer & Safer
- Fill Shifts Faster
- A Great Place to Work
Less time stuck behind the screen
Optima has been developed with our health and care customers over the years so everyone can easily and confidently create rosters that are efficient and compliant. All while dramatically reducing the time you need to spend on admin.
- Once Screen, One touch approach – no flicking between screens for the information you need
- Automate the rostering process and time & attendance management.
- Automate the interpretation of awards and EBAs, seamless integration with payroll and HR software, ensuring staff get paid right first time, every time
- Enable auto and self-rostering to dramatically cut down the time you spend creating rosters
- Use it on tablet devices so you can roster on the go
Joining Up All Your Staff Groups
Whether nurses or doctors, community or aged care assistants, Optima enables you to create multi-discipline rosters that take into account everyone’s skills, leave requests and working patterns.
As well, Optima uniquely integrates your permanent, part-time and casual staff so you have an overview of all your workforce.
All this means you know you are deploying your staffing resource in the most efficient, cost-effective and safe manner.
Stay in control of your costs
Optima’s reporting allows you to track financial performance against budgets easily and gives you visibility into your roster practices.
- The unique roster analysis gives you instant visibility on how you are performing against your KPIs
- In-built trigger warnings enable you to make changes before it becomes an issue.
- Our award interpretation has been built specially for the Australian healthcare sector, ensuring the right pay for your staff every time, generating over $20 million in pay every year.
- Improve management of leave entitlement and utilization of permanent staff, reducing reliance on agency staff.
Fairer and Safer for Everyone
Optima is proven to aid you in making everyone’s rosters fair, safe and compliant. With Optima you are able to:
- Improve safety levels and care quality by matching your staffing levels to your patient and resident needs.
- Have a single, centralised and controlled version of your roster so everyone has equal opportunity in requesting shifts, leave and vacant duties.
- Ensure your people take the correct rest periods between shifts, so no one is working dangerous patterns.
- Give everyone a fair shift pattern, taking into account their annual and study leave requests.
Gaps in your roster? No need to panic.
Do you want to spend your time sorting last-minute cover and overspending on agency staff? Of course not.
By proactively planning and managing your workforce with Optima, you can easily advertise vacant shifts earlier via the integrated app, let your casual staff pick shifts they want to pick up and automatically fill them all while improving your engagement with your casual workforce.
Empower Your People. Be a Great Place to Work
Improve your attractiveness as an employer by offering a seamless, more flexible experience for your workforce to manage their own rosters and engage with everyone at their organisation.
Optima’s dedicated employee app, Loop, empowers your staff to engage with the roster beyond just viewing their shifts.
- Instantly request leave, record timesheets, and more to remove the admin burden for everyone
- Send messages directly to your workforce via the Newsfeed, Groups and Direct Messaging
- All integrated with Optima, so you always have one centralised version of the truth
Staff rostered daily using Optima
25 years +
Organisations using Optima globally
Most adopted eRostering solution across the NHS
Hear from those using Optima
SwanCare have managed to make better use of existing staff, keeping agency costs down to 0.26% of overall wages.
“More permanent employees can pick up shifts where they would like because they have access to the live roster anytime anywhere.
Staff are being shared across different department and facilities means that we can keep a consistent skills and knowledge mix to ensure that staff are being supported and new staff are mentored.”
General Manager of People and Culture
The Western NSW LHD Rostering Proficiency Program has shown improvements in the timeliness, quality and effectiveness of rostering.
- 8% reduction in nursing agency fees
- 2.9% decrease in nursing overtime
- $1.2 million reduction in leave liability
- And more